Founded in 1886 by pharmacist Alfred Blumenthal, the pharmacy and its Offizin* in Vienna's Gumpendorfer Strasse, located between the popular Naschmarkt and the famous Mariahilferstrasse, is the historical centrepiece of Saint Charles. The historic apothecary cabinets from the time of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, which have been preserved to this day, are not only contemporary witnesses, but rather symbols of the combination of a centuries-old tradition with a modern lifestyle. In 2006, pharmacist Mag. pharm. Alexander Ehrmann took over the historic pharmacy and founded Saint Charles.
"Local partners are preferred! You don't have to travel far for superfoods, because all the herbs we need already grow on our doorstep. We support many small partners, producers and growers in Austria and neighbouring countries. With our partners, we value the know-how and passion for natural medicine. Instead of negotiating the lowest price with suppliers, we focus on variety, diversity, regionality and quality."
Their approach of "not more, but better" is not only their guiding principle, but also means for them above all responsible business management, in that they not only "avoid", but actively "contribute". With commitment, passion and great partners and projects that support them in their actions and in their way of thinking.